Spanish Chicken & Rice
- 1.2kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow capsicum, halved, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (see note)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- Cut 2 deep slits in thickest part of each chicken drumstick (so they cook through).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, turning often, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to pan. Add chorizo and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in wine and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, paprika and 1/2 cup stock. Bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and remaining stock. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken cooked through and rice tender. Add olives. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Serve with Vinifera Tempranillo